Being prepared and confident for your session is so important! If you are having trouble figuring out what you should do before our session, read through these tips to help you out.
- When picking out outfits make sure to mix up the style whether it be dressy, casual, edgy, boho, etc. We want variety in your images!
- Make sure you feel comfortable and fabulous in the clothes you decide to bring. If you don't, that will transfer onto camera. Feeling great with your look is more important than trying to wear an extravagant outfit that will make you feel awkward.
- Make sure all your clothes are clean and ironed. Wrinkly clothes don't photograph well.
- Bring as many outfits as you'd like. We can always sort through them and mix and match different pieces together. It's better to have more clothes than not enough.
- Bring heels. Heels, heels, heels! Pumps, wedges, boots, etc look fabulous in photos. They will give that extra sass in your outfit. Flats are okay too depending on the outfit and the style. Please no flip flops unless they are a type of gladiator sandal or something dressier.
- And last but not least, undergarments. I suggest wearing black or nude undergarments to ensure they won't show through your clothing. Bring a strapless bra if you need one for your outfits.
- My sessions include hair and makeup, so sit back and enjoy being pampered!
- Avoid wearing sunscreen or moisturizers with SPF. Yes, SPF is good for your skin, but it adds an unnecessary shine to your face in photos, making you look oily.
- If you have an embarrassing zit that you're worried about, don't stress! It's completely normal to have breakouts at this age. They're a very easy retouch.
ACCESSORIES AND PROPS
- Accessories are so great because they add that extra oomph to really define the look you're going for. Bring an assortment of rings, necklaces, earrings, hair accessories, and maybe even head chains, flower crowns, anklets, body chains, hats, sunglasses, blankets, and any other props you can think of that you'd want in your session.
- If you are passionate about a sport, art, hobby, college, or anything else, then bring props that match that passion! I'd love to make these photos as personal as possible.
- Make sure your nails are either freshly polished or not polished at all. We don't want to see chipped nails!
- EYEBROWS! Make sure they look as fierce and clean as possible. You know what they say, "Eye(brow)s are the window to the soul." ;)
- Make sure your lips are smooth and not chapped.
- Make sure you've washed your hair the day of the session and it's clean and well kept.
- I suggest you not do a lot of strenuous activity before our session. We wouldn't want your makeup getting messed up or you getting all sweaty and messy!
- Arrive early! If you arrive early that will give us more time to sort out outfits, add finishing makeup touches, leave room for any wardrobe malfunctions, etc. Arriving late will give you less camera time.
- If you have any tan lines make sure they are hidden with your clothes. Tan lines are distracting and do not look good in photos.
- Practice what kinds of poses you want to do in your session, especially if you are feeling nervous about how to pose. Practicing your poses will help you become more familiar with what angles work best for you.
Aside from all the other tips I've given you, the most important one is to have FUN! This is your senior year! I want this shoot to be a once in a lifetime experience. I want you to feel like the center of attention. I want you to feel fabulous! I'm looking forward to our session. ♡
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?